Friday 24 January 2014

Block a Week Friday

This week I made two in blue.


                                                                  Block 40
                                                                  Deepdale


I love the texture of this block but not really the making of it.  Easy enough, just purl and garter stitch but, I  had to keep my eye on the pattern and religiously tick each row as I went  I had to pull it out once and start again.  If you wanted to use this stitch in a larger project, you would get into the swing of it eventually. 

Rating -  intermediate
Curl - 1
Ends - 2
Finished size - 6"x 6" 

Block 42 
Staircase


I'm going to call this one a brain training block, you think you know which way it's going for the first few rows but then the rhythm changes and you wonder have I read this correctly.  Pencil and notepaper is a must and concentration to the max.  There is also a mistake in the pattern for row 15 and 16.  
I did a little dance after I had finished this one, I had to pull it back twice and the needles nearly went through the window a few times,  I like the finished result but would I make it again NO WAY!!

Rating - hard
Curl - not really a curl but needs blocking to obtain correct size.
Ends - 2
Finished size - 6"x 6" 

Amendment to pattern - rows 15 and 16 are wrong and should read - repeat row 13 and 14.

I also made 

Three more of block 45

Progress -  number of different blocks made = 6
Numbers - 24, 30, 40, 41, 42, 45
Number of blocks altogether = 9

Stash busted 40 grams

Linking with


Have a great weekend! 

11 comments:

  1. Why are the prettiest squares always the most difficult? Yours came out lovely, but I can understand your frustration. I've made a few things that I would never make again. Thanks for sharing :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like Block 40, but I think I would also avoid the other one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the blocks Linda, it is amazing how a slightly different stitch can change the whole mood of the block.
    Hugs to you,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gosh, both of those blocks look to be devilishly hard!! Well done you for persevering with the second one! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both squares are lovely, but the first is my favourite.
    Have a lovey weekend
    Sally xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. These blue squares look difficult to knit, Linda. So congrats to you!!! I bet the white ones were a relief to make ;-) It is going to be a lovely blanket when you join all these different squares together

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh gosh, Linda, the second one looks like knitting torture to me. Kudos to you for finishing it! Both are lovely. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're making good progress and admiration from me for both blue squares, as you know knitting is not my first craft, yes I can knit but I prefer crochet. It will be interesting to watch this through to completion and I like your rating system for each square.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats to you for sticking with it Linda and finishing it. I might have thrown those needles through the window myself. For now ( since I am really new at knitting) I would have stuck with the really easy ones but it is lovely!
    xx Shari

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Linda, You are a amazing at crocheting and knitting. You are a very talented lady, Love the baby throw you made in your last post. Very beautiful. Hugs Judy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this blog so much. Love the block idea and the progress you are making with the squares. Xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit, I will always answer any questions but due to time constraints I'm not always able to reply to your comments, please keep them coming I read and appreciate each and every one. xx