Friday 17 January 2014

Block a Week Friday

I have completed two blocks this week and it's really hard for me to stop there because I'm having so much fun making these I could go on making more and more.  I have to be strict with myself because I have so many other things on the go I have to make myself do a bit of everything or nothing will ever get finished.

Block 24


I loved making this block, once you get into the rhythm of it it's very easy to knit. You slip stitches while carrying the wool across the back of your work, thus making a thick fabric ideal for blankets or hats.  Another plus to this block is you don't break your wool at each colour change you carry it up the sides so there are only 4 ends to weave in. 


Rating - Easy
Curl - 0.5
Ends - 4
Finished size 6"x 6,1/4"


More examples of this block


Patti Loving Hands
Pat SS Loving hands


Cosy Little hat made with the same stitch



Block 30


I liked this one too, it did turn out a little larger in the width (As did the one above) but just by a quarter of an inch so it shouldn't cause any problems when sewing up.
I found this block interesting to do because of the colour changes, I find found myself wanting to finish each block of colour quickly so that I could see what it looked like.


Rating - Easy
Curl - 0                                                      
Ends- 9
Finished Size 6 x 6,1/4


Progress - 4 blocks made so far
Numbers - 24, 30, 41, 45

Now for lots of Linky fun!



9 grams of yarn busted.

Have a Great weekend. :)

19 comments:

  1. richtig toller blog mit wunderschönen bildern und dein blog ist einfach traumhaft ♥
    wir würden uns riesig freuen wenn du auch mal bei uns vobeischauen würdest und wenn dir unser blog gefällt kannst du uns ja auch folgen:))

    Liebe Grüße♥
    http://aneverendingfriendshipveramatea.blogspot.co.at/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely !!! Really !
    Have a nice weekend !
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are lovely Linda, my favourite is the abstract one! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it's a lovely block, I like it too. :)

      Delete
  4. Very pretty :-) I like the Abstract one but don't think I'd like all the ends. I understand completely about working a little on each project a day when you have a lot to do :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes I know I hate the ends! well you are very good at working a bit at a time Kate, you have managed to finish many of your wips already. :)

      Delete
  5. They are lovely. I always work like that. A Crafty Butterfly is best I think.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a nice way to put it Linda , yes I would like to be thought of as a crafty butterfly. :)

      Delete
  6. I like seeing the progress you make with these blocks Linda, I love the effect of the ridged block 29 and I can see this stitch could be used in other projects. Making these blocks allows you to try lots of different stitches and patterns without committing to a whole garment for each one, they're such a good idea. keep them coming x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Linda, they are fun to do and because it doesn't take long to complete a block you don't get time to get fed up with it. :)

      Delete
  7. I love these multi-color squares, Linda. I have changed colors in knitting, but just in stripes, never in the same row. Is it hard? It looks great :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ana, no it's not hard at all give it a try it's fun. :)

      Delete
  8. What fun blocks Linda and I love that you only have four ends to weave in at the finish!
    Hugs, Joy x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Joy, yes you are right I hate weaving in ends, it's not too bad if it's just one block but just imagine if it was a whole blanket.:)

      Delete
  9. Beautiful blocks, Linda!! I think I must put this book on my amazon wishlist, too ;-).
    Happy weekend!!
    Nata

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes you must Nata, come and join us in the block making. :)

      Delete
  10. I love them both. The first one is so intricate. It reminds me of dobby fabric, I think that's what it's called.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know it does look intricate but it's very easy to do Jennifer:)

      Delete

Thank you for your visit, I will always answer any questions but due to time constraints I'm not always able to reply to your comments, please keep them coming I read and appreciate each and every one. xx