Monday 18 July 2016

I've Been Rippling!


It may have been quiet here in the crafty corner for the past week or so but that's because I've been trying to knock my garden into shape between the showers that is, it has been like a wild wilderness mostly because of the weather, I won't go out there if it's cold, raining or windy and living where I am that is pretty much what we have all the time, the good news is it has warmed up a bit so I'm able to spend more time outside but I do have to dodge the showers quite a bit in fact I was putting weed and feed on my lawn whilst sheltering under an umbrella because as usual the heavens had opened, at least it got watered in straight away.

All my usual crafting plans have been knocked on the head this month as I don't seem to be in the mood for crochet or knitting at the moment.  I have enjoyed making this though...


A baby blanket using a very easy ripple stitch, this one consists of three trebles down,(US dc)  three trebles together, (US dc)  three trebles to the top and then three trebles in one stitch(US dc) and repeat making sure you begin and end a row with two trebles, (US dc)  As for the starting chain just make it as long as you want your blanket and half the amount again. If anyone would like a more detailed pattern just leave a comment  and I will write it out.


Somehow making a ripple is so relaxing at the end of the day and an easy make just to pick up and put down whenever the mood takes.



the sunshine has made the colours look quite pale but they are more vibrant in real life



I used three random balls of baby yarn out of my stash and carried it up the side as I went so there were no ends to weave in.


I edged it with three rounds of dc (US sc) and a final round of reversed dc, (US reversed sc) I  alternated blue  and pink for the edging just for fun. 
It took 430 grams of yarn and it measures 44"x 44"

Another great stash buster. 

Can you believe for the first time I can remember I have nothing on the go! I'm hoping that my mojo returns very quickly because my to do list is a mile long. 

I hope you are all enjoying the beautiful warm weather long may it last! 







 photo e69a549e-0e33-465a-b88b-a6ebe916eaaa_zps34480328.jpg

14 comments:

  1. The blanket is a great stash buster and looks lovely. I'm the same as you, a fair weather gardener, but it does mean having to deal with a jungle when I do eventually go out there. I hope you are having the lovely weather we are having today, enjoy it while it lasts - I did go out to do some gardening today, but it was too hot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linda, that blanket will surely be treasured. I love how the bright blue pops against the lighter colors. Thank you for the simple explanation of the pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gah ripple stitches are great, aren't they?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Would love to have a written pattern please. I love ripple stitch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your baby blanket is looking great, Linda!! :) It happens to me quite often that when I move to any other activity and get engrossed in it, then it takes some time to come back to yarny crafts. It's good actually that we take a break, do some other active and creative work outdoors and come back with lots of new ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your baby rippling blanket looks so beautiful with those nice and soft colors.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm always impressed that 400g makes quite a big blanket. I'm sure your mojo is just on a temporary holiday. It is harder to do woolly things in the summer.

    ReplyDelete
  8. And very well !!!!!
    Your blanket is gorgeous !!!!!!
    Have a lovely summer day !
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super pretty, Linda! Thanks for the tip about length of starting chain, I was always puzzling about it for ripple blankets. Wishing you wonderful sunny garden days and that your mojo will be back soon :-)
    Nata xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh this is so pretty!

    I’d love for you to share this with my Facebook Group for recipes, crafts, and tips: https://www.facebook.com/groups/pluckyrecipescraftstips/

    Thanks for joining Cooking and Crafting with J & J!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your blanket I beautiful! I love the easy way you have explained the pattern, far less confusing than any other I have seen. Hope you are enjoying your garden and are being able to get out there and do what you want to - or just do some sitting!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your blanket is so nice Linda! I could never master the ripple stitch. :(
    Thanks for sharing at Cooking and Crafting with J&J!
    Enjoy the week.
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  13. It is wonderful Linda, good luck with the weather!
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous ripples which reminds me of waves. I'm sure you are enjoying your garden now as I believe its very warm in the UK now.

    keep well

    Amanda xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit, I will always answer any questions but due to time constraints I'm not always able to reply to your comments, please keep them coming I read and appreciate each and every one. xx