Tuesday 23 February 2016

Cheerful Child Blanket Finish.

I finished this last week but have been waiting for some decent lighting so that I could get some photo's taken, in the end I gave up and just took them with what I had anyway so I apologize for the poor quality of the photo's...

The Cheerful Child Blanket



I think this is one of the nicest crochet alongs I have taken part in, probably because it was easy, set at a comfortable pace and everyone of the squares are lovely...


The yarn I used for his blanket was donated to me by Judy one of the ladies that periodically attend the Day Unit for treatment.  She had sent her husband to buy the yarn because she's not as ambulant as she used to be.  She was quite worried when she saw what he had bought because it was chunky yarn and she knows that I prefer the finer yarns for baby things.  I reassured her of course and told her I would put it to good use, she will be back for treatment in April and I can't wait to show her what I've made with it, I'm sure she will be pleased.


I only worked three rows of the border because I prefered it that way.



I made it larger than the pattern stated because I wanted it to be big enough for it to be used as an incubation cover, it's just the right size to place over the incubator and filter the light so it's not too bright for baby's eyes.  Once the baby is big enough to come out of the incubator the blanket will be used as a cot cover and then given to the baby's parents to be used at home.



You can find the patterns for the blanket here and I would like to thank Carolyn for hosting such a fantastic CAL.

Linking with...



Snickerdoodle Sunday
Hookin on hump day
Cooking and crafting with J&J
Handmade Monday
Lunamon Design
Scrapability Saturday

Link and Share Wednesdays




 photo e69a549e-0e33-465a-b88b-a6ebe916eaaa_zps34480328.jpg

22 comments:

  1. Simply beautiful, Linda! I love the colors combination you used on your gorgeous blanket! Congrats!
    Have a great week!
    Hugs and love from Portugal,
    Ana Love Craft
    www.lovecraft2012.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Linda, love the colours and a perfect baby blanket. I love to look at crochet items and dream that maybe 1 day I will master the art

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful, Linda, a super sweet blanket!! I'm sure Judy will love it and naturally the recipients, too :-). Have a nice day! Nata xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely blanket linda. I love the border.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is beautiful Linda! I really like the way it is all joined and the mix of types of squares. I am sure that the lady who provided the yarn will be very pleased with it, and I know that it will be loved and well used by whoever receives it! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's a really pretty blanket
    Clare x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Linda, you made such a pretty blanket!
    Thanks for sharing this with us at Cooking and Crafting with J & J.
    We love having you. Enjoy your week.
    Julie xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love it! Such a sweet blanket Linda - well done :0 The colour combination is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The squares look lovely now that they are all together in the blanket. I agree with you the border works well as it is. A fabulous project, well done

    ReplyDelete
  10. Linda, the blanket is wonderful, just perfect! You did a great job.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your blanket is very beautiful, Linda!!:) Well done !! Someday, I will also try making a blanket.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a lovely blanket, the colours are really sweet, I'm sure it will be used and loved for many years. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is such a sweet blanket, and I love how it will be used for a new baby as you've described. I personally know there is nothing harder than to have your newborn whisked away from you and into an incubator. You just want to hold them and hold them!! I think seeing this pretty blanket them covering the incubator will help. How kind of one your ladies to donate the yarn for this project. I'm sure she will be so happy to see this beauty.
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  14. You have made a wonderful blanket for a fantastic cause. I love the variation of designs that you have used. xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a tender blanket I would say... lovely!The baby will definitely feel better with its help, and will develop sooner. You are doing a wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete
  16. It's beautiful, I'm sure it will help the parents to see something so colourful with their baby.

    ReplyDelete
  17. eeeeeeeeeee Linda, am so shocked at the talent you have eeeeeeeeeeee so symmetrical and colourful eeeeeeeeeee

    ReplyDelete
  18. This looks so pretty!

    Thanks for joining Cooking and Crafting with J & J!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This blanket is so lovely. I like the colour-scheme very much!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful baby blanket! Love the colors together.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I always like those soft colors for little children. A wonderful mix and a beautiful edging!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit, I will always answer any questions but due to time constraints I'm not always able to reply to your comments, please keep them coming I read and appreciate each and every one. xx