Monday 10 August 2015

Teddy Puppet Fun and another challenge.

As you know I can never resist a challenge and once I read the notice below which was displayed on the Loving Hands Forum I declared August as Teddy bear puppet making month and everything else has been put on hold.

"Help is needed to beat the record number of knitted/crochet teddy bear puppets by OCC Barton upon Humber

The record is over 15,000 teddies and they still have a way to go! The deadline is Sunday September 20th.  Some they have made already......
All the teddy puppets will be used for the Christmas shoebox appeal, they will all go to kiddies around the world to brighten up their Christmas.

The Teddy Puppets can be made in any colour and decorated for fun."

You can find more details here and the Facebook page is here

If you would like to help out please email me for an address to send them to.

Patterns for knitted Teddies here and here and visit the puppet lady for another one here

I did make a knitted Ted and he's very cute but I'm a much faster crocheter so I have designed a very simple crochet Teddy Puppet Pattern which can be found here.




I hope you will join the challenge. :)







 photo e69a549e-0e33-465a-b88b-a6ebe916eaaa_zps34480328.jpg

12 comments:

  1. Sounds like a wonderful challenge, Linda! Good luck with breaking the record :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such cute bears Linda.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is an impressive challenge! I would participate too if it were local. I'm sure you'll be churning out the teddy bears in record time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've just looked at your crochet pattern and it looks much prettier than the knitted version. I will save it for future use. Many thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute teddy puppets, Linda!! Good luck with the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. There are days I wish I could clone myself to do everything that comes down the pike. What a cute challenge and for a worthy cause. Right now I am making winter scarves to donate to a mission in Toledo Ohio for the homeless. I have been at it for a good 2 months and set my goal for 25. I have one more to make before I package them to send. I have knitted and crocheted using stash yarn. Good luck with your new mission. It will bring a lot of happiness to children who need some brightness in their lives.
    (((HUGS))) Susanne :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I may give your crochet pattern a try, although I am not a crocheter! I also have am alternate knitting pattern here: http://puppetystuff.blogspot.co.uk/2014/07/teddy-bear-hand-puppet-pattern.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great challenge! These are so cute and will make lots of happy faces
    Trish - tales from trish

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit, I will always answer any questions but due to time constraints I'm not always able to reply to your comments, please keep them coming I read and appreciate each and every one. xx