Friday 26 June 2015

Five On Friday

I have missed you guys! I have had to have a bit of a blogging break because last weekend I wasn't quite with it, I had an endoscopy with sedation on the Thursday evening, they do tell you not to do much of anything for the next 24 hours but I had to go into work on the Friday, I felt okay until about 2pm and then I started to kind of fade away, I managed to finish my shift but I felt tired and exhausted for the next few days and wasn't able to do much of anything.  I'm feeling fine now and so pleased that it's over and done with, I just have to wait for the results but I'm hoping that all will be fine and I can draw a line under the whole thing.

As you all know because of health issues my poor garden has been neglected this year, the borders still haven't been weeded but it doesn't seem to have bothered my plants they seem to be even lovelier this year perhaps the weeds are enhancing their beauty and so I thought that I would show you five things in my garden that are making me happy this week..
Weigela 
A gift from a colleague that left many years ago, it blooms in late spring and it brightens up my garden and always reminds me of her. 

Pyracantha
I can't believe how beautiful this shrub is this year it's difficult to show just how lovely in a photo, I can stand and just gaze at it and watch the bees dancing amongst its blossom.






Foxgloves
Foxgloves are amazing, tall and majestic look at those beautiful markings inside the flower, summer wouldn't be the same without them I love that it self seeds itself all over my garden and I'm never sure where I'm going to find one.


Californian Poppy
Do you sometimes want to cry when you see something beautiful, well I know it's only a poppy but I'm always happy when I see this flower every June, it's delicate papery petals and cheerful colour always makes me smile.






Ben is saying hi, I gave him a dust off and painted his summer house decking I see that new flowers have bloomed on his fence you can read Ben's story here

Wishing you all a great weekend.

Linking with Amy's







 photo e69a549e-0e33-465a-b88b-a6ebe916eaaa_zps34480328.jpg

23 comments:

  1. I hope that your health continues to improve and you get your full strength back. The garden is looking gorgeous and colourful. I have just recently bought a pyracantha, I hope it grows as beautifully as yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great blooms this week Linda, your garden has survived your absence very well. I love the pretty white flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to know that you are feeling better now. Your garden is bursting with flowers :) I think they are very cooperative like kids, if mom is not well for few day, they will manage on their own for sometime:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you feel better now !!!
    Your garden is beautiful !!!!
    Have a relax weekend !
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous photos. Sit and take it easy in your lovely garden. Even weeds can be pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your flowers and BEN look great linda.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never heard of a pyracantha-- but it is beautiful!! Is it a vine? It looks like it is travelling up a wall. Such pretty delicate flowers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a climbing shrub Bronwin and it's growing up my fence, it's spreading out more and more each year and I love it, it makes beautiful orange berries later in the year. :)

      Delete
  8. Hi Linda, those endoscopys can sure throw you for a loop. Glad you are feeling better. Your garden is doing well. I can't believe how beautiful those plants are. I really, really need the foxglove to go on my post of 'purple fives'. See you again soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your purple five is great Latane you can take my foxgloves and make it a six if you like. :)

      Delete
  9. Oh I do hope that you will feel better and have time to relax. I loved all of your pretty flowers you shared today! Take care and be well! Hugs, Julie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such lovely things to make you happy. I love Ben's flowers on his gate!! I am glad that the endoscopy was OK and that you are alright now, although sorry to hear that you were so worn out afterwards. I hope the results will be good and that life can now continue in a good way. Thank you so much for joining in and for letting us know how you are. I hope that you have a great and relaxing weekend! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Bless your heart Linda, not feeling well after that test. Hope the test results are all perfect. Love your flowers. Enjoy your weekend,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  12. How bright and cheerful those yellow poppies are! Have a good week, hope the results go well. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Glad you are feeling a bit better and fingers crossed the results are what you hope for. Despite saying you have not been able to weed, the flowers are looking stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  14. So sorry you haven't been well. Your garden is breath-taking! Beautiful shrubs and flowers! I really enjoyed your photos. Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such wonderful flowers! Your Weigela looks stunning.
    Wishing you good health and a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your garden is beautiful. I hope you are soon feeling much better. X

    ReplyDelete
  17. It's good to hear you feel better now and fingers crossed for a clean bill of health soon! Your garden looks amazing! I wish mine looked that good with weeds, lol! I don't currently have any poppies in my garden but it is all still being designed so perhaps next spring I will plant some poppy seeds. Yellow would be so bright and cheerful!
    Hugs for now,
    Beth P

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your flowers are so truly lovely! I sure hope you feel better soon. Sending positive flowery thoughts. Xo

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fingers crossed for good news after your endoscopy. Love your photos - especially the poppy and the foxglove - my favourites too! xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your flowers are gorgeous Linda! I love that poppy and have not seen one in yellow before. I tried growing poppies and foxglove, neither of which succeeded past the first year. I hope all things are good with you again now, and it's nice to hear that you do love your work so much that you will continue a little longer. Lots of people here now work well past their retirement age as they don't want to be bored at home. I've read your previous posts on your stashbusting projects, and they look wonderful! I love the stripey blanket ... if you got that much done in such a short time, I'd say you were a fairly fast crocheter. Love the hexie blanket. I've been making fabric hexies for the past little while putting together a gift for someone. I'm almost done. You'll have to show some of your progress on the hexie blanket as you go along ... loved seeing both these ideas. I should look up knitting a hexie ;) Enjoy your week Linda!
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  21. It seems like forever since I stopped in the comments section to say hi to you, and I'm sorry for that. Sorry to hear you've not been feeling so great either. I hope you can find a solution to your issue(s) and feel better! Your flowering plants are so gorgeous! What a great gift your friend gave you to enjoy for years and years. Did you see this little blanket? http://lanasdeana.blogspot.com/2015/06/patch-mini-blanket.html Isn't it cute? For some reason, it reminds me of you.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit, I will always answer any questions but due to time constraints I'm not always able to reply to your comments, please keep them coming I read and appreciate each and every one. xx