Friday 5 June 2015

Five On Friday

A Place Of Tranquility

After showing you my disgraceful garden last week I thought it would be nice to show you a place of beauty..

The botanical gardens at Durham are just a few short miles away from my home, a place of peace and tranquility I love to go there just to stroll and take in the beauty of the greenery that surrounds me it always amazes me just how many shades of green there are, would you like to take a 5 minute stroll through it with me....








 So many beautiful ancient trees, look at the canopy on this one and.....


the roots on this






It was hard to show the actual depth of interest in the pictures but by standing in one particular spot you could see a succession of bushes and shrubs following on from one another so beautiful.










can you spot the pheasant? he wouldn't stand still long enough to have his photo taken.  




I hope you have enjoyed the pictures the sun was actually shining which made a change but it was still quite cool, however I'm happy to say we have actually had some warm sunshine and I was able to get out and do some light gardening 




I even managed to get the grass cut using a lightweight hover mower it took a little longer than usual but I got there in the end and if the weather behaves itself this weekend I will be doing more of the same, what are your weekend plans? whatever they are I hope that you have a good one :) 

Linking with Amy's








 photo e69a549e-0e33-465a-b88b-a6ebe916eaaa_zps34480328.jpg

23 comments:

  1. What a beautiful place to visit, my daughter lives in Hartlepool which is not far from there so I will certainly put it on the list of places to visit. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely pictures of the botanical gardens. I could almost pictures myself there. Glad you're recovering well. Enjoy your weekend of light gardening. Make the most of the weather while you can.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wouldn't this be an awesome spot to get comfy, pull out the latest crochet or knit project, sip on some tea and relax??

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks a lovely place to visit with some interesting plants. The sun makes us all feel better. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks lovely. My garden at the moment really is in dire need of some love and attention to get it up to scratch, but where to find the hours...

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks a lovely place to visit xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love "Sakura's Friendship Garden." We have a circle of rocks set up just like this in the yard at the school I teach at. The kids love sitting there reading, playing games and doing their learning. It's the perfect place to interact. Have a wonderful weekend!
    www.queenbcreativeme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. The gardens are gorgeous Linda.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  9. So glad to hear you're up and about Linda! The gardens look amazing, and I would love to visit some of these gorgeous places one day. Take it easy, eh! Have a great weekend ... I'm off to visit a fellow blogger tomorrow and do a little antique shopping too ... can't wait!
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely garden and pictures !!!
    Have a sunny weekend !
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  11. a lovely garden, indeed. Thank you for taking me there.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That was so lovely looks at the pretty garden and thanks for that Linda! Have a wonderful day and weekend.
    Julie xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. That looks like a wonderful place to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a lovely garden! The flowers are just beautiful! And yes I see the pheasant! Shame on him for not coming into the sun for you! :-) This is my first time with Five for Friday. I enjoyed seeing your blog post! Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely. Too hot here for much of anything right now. I thought I would be able to get in some morning walks but would have to go at 5 am or earlier and even then it is hot. Have a great weekend. Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  16. It was so lovely to go on your stroll through the gardens taking five minutes to enjoy! I hope that you had longer than five minutes there!! It is good that you could get out and get the grass cut, I am sure that you enjoyed being outside and doing some gardening again. Thank you so much as always for joining in. I hope that you are doing much better still and that you have a great weekend! xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gosh that is beautiful! I love old trees, it looks like such a lovely place to visit. Oh I hope you are looking after yourself and recovering well. Have a lovely weekend xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a beautiful place! I would love to sit on one of those benches under the trees.

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a beautiful garden and I loved all your photos especially of the wisteria. Take care with the gardening, we will be doing some of that this weekend I expect as well as a walk if we can:)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Nice pics!! There is a botanical garden near my old flat. I used to go there for morning walk.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Every photo a piece of art. Just lovely. life is Green here in Chicago and Im so grateful to have warm weather again. I promise I won't complain

    ReplyDelete
  22. Gorgeous place, Linda. So green and lush :-) very inspiring

    ReplyDelete
  23. Well done, you must be getting stronger. Pace yourself. And thank you for sharing your pics of such a lovely garden - although I was thrilled to see nature romping away on her own in some places! Take care x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit, I will always answer any questions but due to time constraints I'm not always able to reply to your comments, please keep them coming I read and appreciate each and every one. xx