Tuesday 17 February 2015

With a Baby Boy in Mind.

This is the first large project I have made using the 200 Crochet Squares Book by Jan Eaton

A sweet little baby blanket...



I had such fun planning this blanket and watching it take shape


It's quite magical watching the pieces slowly dropping into place just like a jigsaw puzzle 


As always the sewing up was the worst bit, but I sewed  each block onto the blanket as I made it and weaved in the ends so once it was all complete all I needed to do was work the border...


There are some border patterns in the book but I didn't really like them some of them are made first and then sewn onto the blanket I really couldn't face that!

I always prefer simple borders especially for a baby's blanket, this one is a three round border ... one round of dc one round htr and then a final round of my favourite stitch crab stitch or reversed dc.(All in English terms)

I used 
Block 141 Quartet   (four)
Block 40 Granny with a twist (12)
Block 5 Twin Stripes (16)
Block 121 Coral Seas (4)



I used Dk yarn out of my stash and it took 412 grams
The blanket measures 102 cms square


All ready to be placed into the box for Operation Orphan to keep a sweet little baby boy warm.

linking with...








 photo e69a549e-0e33-465a-b88b-a6ebe916eaaa_zps34480328.jpg

30 comments:

  1. A truely beautiful blanket! I am sure it will be greatly loved by a little boy!

    Take care
    Anne (http://crochetbetweentwoworlds.blogspot.de)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!! That's a really sweet blanket, Linda!! :) Love the blue shades and the squares you arranged in the design. Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's lovely Linda, I like all of the different details. I hate the sewing up too, probably because I'm not very good at it. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful blanket!!
    Have a nice day.:*

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is really gorgeous, I'm sure whoever gets it will be absolutely delighted!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Totally! Totally! beautiful Linda....I love this combination of blues and the whole design. I can imagine the mother will be so pleased with this wonderful blanket. Well done!!!

    keep well

    Amanda xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous !!!!!! The design is original and the blues perfect ! A beautiful gift indeed !
    Have a nice day !
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a beautiful blue blanket! I really like the way the corner blocks work into the stripe around the edge blocks. I'll bet this worked up a lot quicker than the knitted blanket :)
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a lovely blanket that will be much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely beautiful, Linda! I love all the different squares. It will be well loved and appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This baby boy blanket is truly scrumptious, Linda. You always crochet/knit gorgeous blankets!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It is such a lovely blanket and will be a warming loving comfort to whoever receives it. xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is really lovely. A little baby somewhere will be wonderfully warm and snuggly in this :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful blanket Linda. Prefect for a precious little boy.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a nice blanket. I am sure it will be treasured.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Linda, it's beautiful! I love it so much. The colors are gorgeous and there's so much detail in all the different squares. What a lucky baby boy.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I LOVE this blanket Linda! Wow what a lot of work went into making this. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  18. what a gorgeous blue blanket. I do like all the different crochet stitches that make it up. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is such a lovely blanket. It's so fun to look at it and discover all the different, lively patterns you have used. I love the colors, too. You did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow! your blanket is so beautiful!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a beautiful blanket, that's one lucky baby! :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. That's such a gorgeous blanket - lucky baby and lucky mum too! x

    ReplyDelete
  23. What an absolutely BEAUTIFUL blanket! I LOVE it!
    Alexandra
    EyeLoveKnots.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a beautiful blanket. Someone is going to be very pleased.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wonderful colours and such a pretty design

    ReplyDelete
  26. This is so,lovely and going to such a great cause. I love the squares with the central swirls. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  27. What a beautiful blanket, and such a lovely thing to send to someone.

    ReplyDelete
  28. So, so lovely! It's really beautiful Linda.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit, I will always answer any questions but due to time constraints I'm not always able to reply to your comments, please keep them coming I read and appreciate each and every one. xx