Friday 12 September 2014

Block a Week Friday

Block 97
Little Flowers



This is one of the easier lacy stitches, it's a sweet very popular stitch that has been used as a trim for baby cardigans and hats for as long as I can remember.


Rating - easy
Curl - 2
size - 6"x 6"
ends - 2


I have no other examples of this stitch to show you at present but will add any here that are made for the challenge as they come.

However here is an example of a very similar stitch.....

Fleur Baby Cardigan designed by Marianna
So cute don't you think? just click on the caption to find the pattern. 


Progress -  number of different blocks made = 37
Numbers - 181417, 19,24,26,30,31,34,36 4041, 42,43,44, 45,48, 5256,58,62
(Click on the number to see the block.)

Linking with



All the blocks in the Block a Week Friday feature are blocks made from the book 200 Knitted Blocks by Jan Eaton. You can read all about the challenge here and here, the challenge is on going and it's never too late to join in!

Hope you all have a great weekend. :)






 photo e69a549e-0e33-465a-b88b-a6ebe916eaaa_zps34480328.jpg

7 comments:

  1. Good evening Linda, I have used this stitch a few times, it is very pretty and perfect for baby clothes :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful stitch Linda and that baby sweater by Marianne is so gorgeous.
    Have a wonderful weekend,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful baby cardigan,cute flowers!!
    Happy weekend.:*

    ReplyDelete
  4. That little cardigan is so cute! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your lacy little flowers block reminds me of hearts. That li'l cardigan is very sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the Fleur Baby Cardigan. Considering making it for my expected grandchild, which I've just heard is a little girl. Happy days!
    Jacqui xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that stitch. I was about to say how perfect it would be for baby clothing and then I scrolled down! What a sweet little sweater. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit, I will always answer any questions but due to time constraints I'm not always able to reply to your comments, please keep them coming I read and appreciate each and every one. xx