Friday 5 September 2014

Block a Week Friday

Block 177
Patch


Made using the Insertia method, a very easy fun block to make, I love it. 


Rating - easy
Curl - 2
size - 6"x 6"
ends - 5
More examples of this block

Made by Appledumpling
Made by Jacqui

Many of you have asked me what I intend to do with my blocks, I'm going to make a blanket. Initially I was going to alternate the patterned blocks with a plain one coloured block but I have since decided just to join them randomly.  I have to say I'm not particularly looking forward to sewing them all together as I find it hard to sew knitted blocks together neatly, I find joining crochet blocks is so much easier so it is going to be a bit of a challenge for me.

This is week 36 of the challenge so I am bang on target and will keep going until I have  52 blocks one to represent each week of the year I will then decide how many more I need to add to make a decent sized blanket, I'm thinking I may have to make 4 extra but that's to be decided later. :)


Progress -  number of different blocks made = 36
Numbers - 181417, 19,24, 26 30,31,34,36 4041, 42,43,44, 45,48, 5256,58,6267,70,90,92,96 98,100113,133,153,165,177, 200209
(Click on the number to see the block.)



Linking with



All the blocks in the Block a Week Friday feature are blocks made from the book 200 Knitted Blocks by Jan Eaton. You can read all about the challenge here and here, the challenge is on going and it's never too late to join in!

Hope you all have a great weekend. :)






 photo e69a549e-0e33-465a-b88b-a6ebe916eaaa_zps34480328.jpg

5 comments:

  1. This is a fun one isn't it. Several of them on a blanket would look great and add a real touch of fun wouldn't it! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice,interesting!
    Happy weekend.:*

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are doing amazing with your block a week, the blanket is going to be wonderful when it is all put together.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now this block is a whole lot of fun. Your blanket is going to be a feast to the eyes with all that colour and pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So simple and yet so sweet! I like the little stitches :D. Happy Sunday, Linda!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit, I will always answer any questions but due to time constraints I'm not always able to reply to your comments, please keep them coming I read and appreciate each and every one. xx