Friday 4 July 2014

Block a Week Friday


Block 58 
Snowflake Lace


Like all lacy patterns this one has to be followed very carefully and it took three attempts before I got it right.
I think it's very pretty but I wouldn't have the patience to make anything more than a lacy panel down the front of a little cardigan or maybe a baby hat.

More examples of this block


Made by Pattie
Made by Una

Rating - hard
Curl - 1
size - 6"x6"
ends - 2

Progress -  number of different blocks made = 27
Numbers - 81417, 24, 26 30,31,344041, 42,43,44, 45,48, 5256,58, 67,70  98,100113,133,153200209
(Click on the number to see the block.)


Linking with




All the blocks in the Block a Week Friday feature are blocks made from the book 200 Knitted Blocks by Jan Eaton. You can read all about the challenge here and here, the challenge is on going and it's never too late to join in!

Have a great weekend! 






 photo e69a549e-0e33-465a-b88b-a6ebe916eaaa_zps34480328.jpg

8 comments:

  1. What a pretty pattern, Linda! Great :-). Thanks for the Summer Stash-Buster Link Party & have a fabulous weekend!
    Nata xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that looks like a fiendish one Linda!! I thought that the one with the bobbles must have been difficult, but this one! Yours looks great though! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I especially like this one, very pretty.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful, Linda :-) I can tell it was difficult. Congrats on not giving up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful!!
    Happy weekend,greeting.:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's a beautiful pattern Linda and you've done it so well - my goodness, you are a real go-er and I admire you for it! xoJoy

    ReplyDelete
  7. This snowflake pattern is super cute...probable my favorite so far :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good Morning Linda, Oh my word, this is a delightful pattern, so intricate. I love the lacy feel it has and I can certainly understand why you would not want to make something large using this pattern, but wouldn't it be spectacular if you did.
    Best Wishes
    Daphne

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit, I will always answer any questions but due to time constraints I'm not always able to reply to your comments, please keep them coming I read and appreciate each and every one. xx