Friday 13 June 2014

Block a Week Friday

Block 133
Beaded Diamond


This is the first time I have done any knitted beadwork and I was surprised at how easy it was, if you fancy giving it a try there is a tutorial here I tried both methods and although the first method is easier I liked the finish of the second method more, I used the second method on the top and bottom beads.
Now that I know how easy it is I will certainly be adding beads to more of my knitted work.

Rating - easy
Curl - 4
size - 6"x6"
ends - 2

Another example of this block


Made by Appledumpling

Progress -  number of different blocks made = 24
Numbers - 81417, 24, 30,31,344041, 42,43, 45,48, 525667,70  98,100113,133,153200209
(Click on the number to see the block.)


Linking with




Have a great weekend!









 photo e69a549e-0e33-465a-b88b-a6ebe916eaaa_zps34480328.jpg

8 comments:

  1. I've never tried beading either. This challenge of yours is obviously a good learning exercise!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely colours Linda and I love the beads! Very pretty xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is something that I think looks so pretty ... beads in knitting ... and I'm glad you tried it before me and said how easy it all is ;) I've seen some fingerless gloves with beadwork that I've often admired in a knitting book I have. Don't forget to try a beaded evening bag! Wendy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you knitting with beads, I have yet to attempt it.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty that is Linda - I've never attempted any beading work on my knits - maybe I will think about it now that I've seen your pretty block! Thank you! xoJoy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for featuring my block Linda. Beading is easy - the only thing is that at the start the weight of the beads on the wool can feel a bit odd but that gets better as you use them. I'm loving this challenge; it's made do all sorts I would otherwise have never thought about.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A new one to me, I have seen beads included in crochet, but not knitting before. Well done you Linda for having a go at this, the result is great!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love beadwork in crochet and knitting. These are really pretty, they look very fine and delicate.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit, I will always answer any questions but due to time constraints I'm not always able to reply to your comments, please keep them coming I read and appreciate each and every one. xx