Friday 23 May 2014

Block a Week Friday

Block 200 Morse Code

A very easy block, that is if you remember to carry your wool on the wrong side, especially on the purl rows, I made the mistake of carrying it on the knit side and had to pull it back.
I love the effect of this block it reminds me of the sea.  I can imagine a little boys cardigan or sweater with this pattern along the bottom and a yacht sailing on top of the waves, it might just happen one day. 


Rating - easy
Curl - 2 
size - 6" x 6"
ends - 4


Progress -  number of different blocks made = 21
Numbers - 1417, 24, 30,31,344041, 42,43, 45,48, 525667,70  98113,153, 200, 209
(Click on the number to see the block.)


Liking with




Have a great weekend!





 photo e69a549e-0e33-465a-b88b-a6ebe916eaaa_zps34480328.jpg

8 comments:

  1. Hi Linda, your knitted block is pretty! Have a nice weekend.
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one is unusual, very nice Linda, yes I can see the wave idea too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice and great effect with multiple colors!
    Happy weekend.:*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very effective pattern, Linda. Thanks for sharing, and have a great weekend xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great block this week, Linda. It really did give me the feeling of Morse Code... all those dots and dashes. Thought the colours worked really well. enjoy the weekend.
    Jacqui x

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's really interesting, Linda. In these colors, it looks like clouds in the sky.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely block, almost has a 3D effect, Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was thinking of the sea too Linda. It's quite a meditative block methinks.
    Tracey xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit, I will always answer any questions but due to time constraints I'm not always able to reply to your comments, please keep them coming I read and appreciate each and every one. xx