Monday 17 March 2014

The Monday Smile


Hope you all had a lovely weekend.
Here are some beautiful birds to make you smile this week



 Green Jay
Golden Pheasant

Formosan Magpie


Himalayan Monal


 Nicobar Pigeon
Quetzal

Winson's Bird Of Paradise

Bird of Paradise

 Peacock

Sup, Polish Chicken
Thank you to Bob for sending me these lovely pictures


I know you will have heard them before but they still make me smile :)

Bird jokes
Q: When should you buy a bird?
A: When it’s going cheep!
Did you hear the one about the crow and the telephone pole?
He wanted to make a long distance caw.
Q: How does a bird with a broken wing manage to land safely?
A: With its sparrowchute.
Q: Why did the little bird get in trouble at school?
A: Because he was caught tweeting on a test.
Q: What do you give a sick bird?
A: Tweetment.
Q: How does a bird with a broken wing manage to land safely?
A: With its sparrowchute.
Q: Why did the little bird get in trouble at school?
A: Because he was caught tweeting on a test.
Q: What do you give a sick bird?
A: Tweetment.

Mood Blanket Progress


I'm still making and joining and the blanket is getting bigger and bigger.

This week I made 58 motifs which means 44 more to make

And I joined 77 motifs to the blanket, which means more 105 more to join.

This week I am going to make the 44 motifs to bring the total to 105 first, so that I will have enough to complete the blanket then I can concentrate on joining them to the blanket, then I just have to do the border and it's done.  

I'm now searching for suitable border patterns I want it to be simple quick and effective about two inches deep any idea's?

Have a great week




6 comments:

  1. Beautiful birds ! Funny jokes and lovely motifs for your blanket !
    Have a nice week !
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well look at me actually arriving at your Monday Smile on a Monday, pretty much a first for me haha
    It's amazing how much colour can be found amongst birds, a wonderful display of plumage

    Well done on keeping up with the motifs, they're looking great xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What gorgeous birds. As I scrolled through, each was more beautiful than the ones before it. Cute jokes, exactly my speed today. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well the motifs are certainly growing Linda, and very nicely too! Such stunning looking birds, and I think that chicken is spectacular! Have yourself a really good week, and happy hooking! xo Joy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous birds! Thank you for sharing the photos. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those birds have glorious feathers indeed. I enjoyed seeing them. Very pretty crochet motifs . Have a lovely week. Hugs Judy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit, I will always answer any questions but due to time constraints I'm not always able to reply to your comments, please keep them coming I read and appreciate each and every one. xx