Monday 10 March 2014

The Monday Smile


An elderly couple had dinner at another couple's house, and after eating, the wives left the table and went into the kitchen. The two gentlemen were talking, and one said, 'Last night we went out to a new restaurant and it was really great. I would recommend it very highly.' The other man said, 'What is the name of the restaurant?' The first man thought and thought and finally said, 'What’s the name of that flower you give to someone you love? You know, the one that's red and has thorns.' 'Do you mean a rose?'
'Yes, that's the one,' replied the man. He then turned towards the kitchen and yelled, 'Rose, what's the name of that restaurant we went to last night?'
 






Secret Shoebox Stash



I have a guilty secret...I love to collect shoes boxes, I can't bring myself to throw them away.  I don't see a shoe box, I see a handy little drawer where I can stash something inside.  

From where I'm sitting now I can see seven shoes boxes all stacked up on top of one another hidden behind the door and each one has treasure hidden inside. 

I might show you them all and even reveal their contents some day but for today you can see inside the one above with all my blanket motifs ready to be joined onto the blanket.  

There are eighty motifs there and when there is just one left of a particular colour I will make three more so I have a continuous supply of each colour hidden in my secret shoe box that's hidden behind the door :)

Each Sunday I place my blanket on the bed just to see how much bigger it needs to be and every week I change my mind about the size. This week I'm thinking it doesn't need to be quite as big as I thought so I made more new calculations which knowing me, will probably change again next week.

This week I joined 80 motifs on to the blanket and I made 56 which means....

I need to join 182 more and make 102.... it's getting there :)

Have you got guilty secret what do you like to hoard other than yarn of course, please don't tell me I'm the only one.

Spring is nearly sprung and we had sunshine yesterday





A little crocus in my garden smiling in the sunshine.

Have a great week! 





11 comments:

  1. I see any box or pot with a lid as a storage solution! I have a lot of clear plastic totes, both large and small. I like them because I can see what's inside without having to open them. I keep all kinds of sewing & knitting supplies in them. Love the little crocus Linda :) Enjoy your day! Wendy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. And you made me smile ! Thank you !
    Have a nice week !
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  3. I suppose I have more buttons than I will ever use. I never throw away garments without cutting off the buttons. I put identical buttons in tiny plastic bags and then sort them by colour and put them into larger bags. It makes finding buttons very easy and some of them bring back happy memories.. I have even been known to buy bargain items in charity shops just because I like the buttons.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hang on to shoe boxes too Linda - they always come in handy for some thing or another don't they! Gosh you've been so busy with your lovely little motifs, it's such a big job you've taken on, and oh, I do like your crocuses! I also liked your joke too, poor bloke, but I feel more sorry for his wife!!! Have a lovely week m'dear, Joy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh how your Spring photo makes my Heart yearn for Spring. I love your secret box where you keep your stash. Great Idea. Who would think to find a treasure there. Love the Morning smile. Thanks for sharing. Hugs Judy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good morning Linda, a great Monday morning smile with your joke today :-)

    I have a box with poetry in, it is poetry written by myself some years ago and though it is for my eyes only I can't bear to part with it. I also have a box of little mementos, silly things like little packets of sugar from my holidays, theatre ticket stubs etc. I am guilty as charged haha!

    Isn't this sunshine in the UK just gorgeous, I am loving it, beautiful sunshine and spring flowers, just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lol - thanks for the laugh Linda. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am a strange one, I am a hoarder who is a chucker outerer as well!! I hoard things and then I get rid of them - to a good home! - so although I have a certain amount of "stuff" hidden away, I do lots of clearing out as well!! Glad that you are progressing well with your blanket!! I bet that it is looking really good. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are right, Linda, shoe boxes are very useful :-). My habit is that I keep every air cushion envelope I get with the post *lol*. Each time I think "Oh, that could be used for another post I have to send one day" ;-). Have a great week!
    Nata

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think I'm rapidly becoming a fabric hoarder. I have a fair amount of yarn, but not a huge stash. I do use shoeboxes for my crocheted circles or squares when I'm working on a big project.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for the laugh and the peek into your secret box. No guilty secret here, just tons of yarn everywhere.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit, I will always answer any questions but due to time constraints I'm not always able to reply to your comments, please keep them coming I read and appreciate each and every one. xx