Monday 3 March 2014

The Monday Smile.


Although I wasn't able to do much crochet last week I'm pleased to say I still managed to make six purple motifs for my blanket.



Purple is associated with..
Creativity, good judgement, spirituality, peace of mind, wisdom, dignity.

Purple is my favourite colour in all it's different shades from dark purple to the palest lavender, what's yours?

I am  pleased with my big /mood blanket progress, I am totalling up every week and keeping on top of the totals and here is what I have come up with.  

I am going to finish this blanket by the end of April...decision made and no going back, it's time it was done! so....
I am going public with my totals I will put them on here every week and have a count down.
The blanket has 68 motifs all the way around, I need to do four more rounds so that's 272 more to join in. I have made 107 and they are waiting to be joined so that means I need to make 165 more.
Each day I will join at least 7 motifs to the blanket and make 7, if I continue in this way it will be finished around the first week of April giving me plenty of time to make the border.
So this week I'm starting with...
272 left to join onto the blanket.
165 left to make







MURDER AT TESCO
Tired of constantly being broke and stuck in an unhappy marriage, a young husband decided to solve both problems by taking out a large insurance policy on his wife with himself as the beneficiary and then arranging to have her killed.

 A 'friend of a friend' put him in touch with a nefarious dark-side  underworld figure who went by the name of 'Artie.' Artie explained to the husband that his going price for snuffing out a spouse was £10,000.

 The Husband said he was willing to pay that amount but that he wouldn't have any cash on hand until he could collect his wife's insurance money.
 Artie insisted on being paid at least something up front, so the man opened his wallet, displaying the single pound coin that rested inside. Artie sighed, rolled his eyes and reluctantly agreed to accept the pound as down payment for the dirty deed.

 A few days later, Artie followed the man's wife to the local Tesco supermarket. There, he surprised her in the produce department and proceeded to strangle her with his gloved hands. As the poor unsuspecting woman drew her last breath and slumped to the floor, the
 manager of the produce department stumbled unexpectedly onto the murder scene. Unwilling to leave any living witnesses behind, Artie had no choice but to strangle the produce manager as well.

 However, unknown to Artie, the entire proceedings were captured by the hidden security cameras and observed by the shop's security guard, who immediately called the police. Artie was caught and arrested before he could even leave the premises.

 Under intense questioning at the police station, Artie revealed the whole sordid plan, including his unusual financial arrangements with the hapless husband who was also quickly arrested. The next day in the newspaper, the headline declared...

 (You're going to hate me for this...)





'ARTIE CHOKES 2 for £1.00 @ Tesco

Have a great week :)





12 comments:

  1. That did make me smile! Purple and turquoise are my favourite colours at the moment especially when out together. Blue is my all time favourite colour as there are so many lovely shades. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very clever joke Linda - and yes, I did laugh, thank you!
    My fave colours - pinks and purples in all their lovely shades, and yes purple is definitely a spiritual colour and very interesting to learn of the other meanings behind it too, thank you!
    Hope you are feeling a bit better and boy, have you set yourself a challenge - all the best with it, I know you'll do it! Love, Joy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Linda - that one made me laugh. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Linda, good luck with you blanket! I hope you have it done in time! I be you will and crocheted circles are pretty. Have a nice day.
    Julie at Julie's Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your motifs are very pretty. I love purple too, but my very favorite color is blue. I have done so many flower motifs in the last few years that I do believe I am wore out from it all. Thing is, one always feels that way until the next one comes along, then there ya are, doing it all over again, lol.Your story is funny, so cute. It gave me a chuckle for the start of my day. Thanks.
    (((HUGS))) Susanne :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice collection in purple :-) Great to see that your blanket is growing rapidly...can´t wait to see it

    ReplyDelete
  7. Purple is my favorite color too! Your circles are really pretty. I love this joke! Do you want to know something crazy? This was the first joke I ever learned to tell, when I was maybe 12. My father told it to me and I thought it was so funny. I think it was the only joke I could remember how to tell for years. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah Linda ... what would we do without our Monday smile from you? Here's a smile back at ya ...

    "Past, present & future all walk into a bar. It was tense."

    Wendy x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Didn't make me smile....made me laugh out loud!
    Jacqui x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Linda, my favourite all time colour is blue, I particularly like the 'duck egg' blue at the moment when teamed up with natural colours like oatmeal.
    Your Monday Smile made me smile on a Wednesday lol, very funny joke :-)
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit, I will always answer any questions but due to time constraints I'm not always able to reply to your comments, please keep them coming I read and appreciate each and every one. xx