Friday 28 March 2014

Block a week Friday

Block 153
Speckled Bands
Block,square,knit,moss stitch,easy


This Block is made in Moss Stitch and I love how it's turned out.  A very easy stitch and great to knit when watching TV or even reading a book.  I find this a very decorative stitch with a lovely texture and I have used it many times before. I like the stripe sequence but as usual where there are stripes you have ends and a lot of ends in this case 17!

Rating - Easy
Curl - 0
size - 6"
ends - 17

More examples of this block

This time I am featuring a beautiful Blanket made by Puglets another lovely member of Loving Hands


By Puglets 

Can you spot block 153? she has also used Blocks 5,8,18,24


Progress -  number of different blocks made = 15

Numbers - 1417, 24, 30,344041, 42, 45, 525667  98113,153
(Click on the number to see the block.)

Number of blocks altogether = 19


Linking with




Have a great weekend and for those mums who are celebrating Mothers Day this weekend Happy Mothers Day!







8 comments:

  1. I love this block, the stitches look woven to me. It barely looks knitted, though of course it is. I like it with the stripes too, a very clean look.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful block Linda great texture.
    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty. I like the green stripe amongst the blue.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your moss stitch block Linda, and the colours are 'spot on' - well done! Joy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a beautiful block and it can be used for so many different things. I'm actually making a cowl that has you change stitches and I'm right now making the moss stitch. So fun and I love the color of your block. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautiful, neat block Linda. I love that blanket! I've taken a step back from the block a week for the moment. I hope you have a wonderful Mother's Day my friend :) Wendy x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome speckled bands! Colors are great Linda.

    Happy Mothers day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great blanket! I would never have thought of doing a fancy knitting stitch in stripes like this - it looks great! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit, I will always answer any questions but due to time constraints I'm not always able to reply to your comments, please keep them coming I read and appreciate each and every one. xx