Friday 6 September 2013

A Lovely Gift and A Completed CAL

I had a lovely surprise in the mail the other day...a lovely parcel from Astri from Apple Blossom Dreams.  It arrived just when I need cheering up the most, I was feeling very sad because my eldest son had got married the day before and I had been unable to attend his wedding.



I was so happy to receive these beautiful things I love them all and believe me they will be well used, so thank you Astri for being so kind and thoughtful. xxx

I have had so much fun following the Crochet Nesting Dolls CAL hosted by Kara from Petals to Picots, 



Matryoshka dolls-cute-easy-crochet-pattern-cal

Here are my finished Matryoshka dolls aren't they cute! I love the baby one the best.  They are very simple to do and they do fit inside each other, however to keep them steady and in shape when they are standing on their own I have weighed the base down with some silver coins, and filled them with some poly fibre stuffing, you can easily pull it all out if you want to fit them inside of each other. The patterns for the four dolls are on Kara's blog if you want to try them for yourself, or just pop along and see all the lovely finished dolls everyone has been making. 


Another stash-buster!

Have a great weekend :)


11 comments:

  1. Astri is so kind, what a lovely gift. Sorry about mot being able to attend your sons wedding, so sad. I love the nesting dolls you made Linda, that must have kept you busy and your mind off things.
    Sending you a hug,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linda I do feel for you not being able to attend you son's wedding )-:

    In my case my only child,my daughter, was over in the States and I suddenly received an email to say she had got married. I was so hurt!
    so there you are I know how you are feeling!!

    keep well

    Amanda :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely gift from Astri - I'm glad that it cheered you up. Sorry that you couldn't attend your son's wedding - I hope they took lot's of pictures for you. Your little nesting dolls are really very cute. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad Astri's present cheered you up, sorry that it was needed though.
    Love your dolls, their faces are so cute and their dress patterns!
    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  5. How sweet of Astri to send you such a lovely cheering up gift. I'm sorry you couldn't attend your son's wedding. Love, love, love the little nesting dolls. I must give the pattern a go myself. Wishing you all the best, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely gift from Astri. I hope you're feeling a bit better. The dolls are adorable xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. No wonder you were feeling really sad. And what a wonderful time for a gift to arrive. You seem such a positive perso that I am sure you will feel a bit brighter soon and I hope you get some lovely photos to enjoy. Thank you for all the kind comments you leave over at Chalkys World. They are so appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aw thanks for the sweet post, Linda. :-) I am glad they came at the right time.

    The dolls are adorable!

    I hope you see your son and new daughter soon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just LOVE the dolls. I wish I could have joined, but I am not so bright with amigurumis (too many sc´s) I will tell my sister, becuase she is the one who makes them...

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely gift! I'm glad it cheered you up. I'm sorry you weren't able to attend the wedding.
    Your dolls came out great :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit, I will always answer any questions but due to time constraints I'm not always able to reply to your comments, please keep them coming I read and appreciate each and every one. xx