Sunday 28 October 2012

Another CAL!



As you all know I love crochet-a-longs and if I can follow one I will.  Astri from Apple Blossom Dreams is hosting her Rockman Afghan CAL, the beauty of this one is it's made in Tunisian crochet something I have never tried so it will be a challenge for me.  I know I shouldn't really be doing this because I have still got the afghan sampler CAL and my own blanket to finish both of which are progressing very slowly but you know what they say, variety is the spice of life haha.

Week one of the CAL is for gathering your materials and I am going to use the brightest yarns I have in my stash because the resulting blanket will be a baby blanket for Africa and we know African mothers love bright happy colours and won't it lovely to work with these colours in the darker winter months.  I thought I would need a special hook too but no, a good old size 5mm crochet hook is all you need.
So sun glasses at the ready and here we go.



I may add more colours if I can find more brightness in my stash it does take a while to look through it all because I have so much I can never remember where I have hidden it all :)
Do join us it will be fun, it looks and I hope it will be, nice and easy and you can make it any size you like there is also a dish cloth version too.







3 comments:

  1. Good luck! I can't join a CAL right now because I am working on my own tunisian crochet afghan. Don't worry, you'll love it once you get the hang of it. I used to avoid this stitch too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like a nice pattern - have fun with it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay, Linda! I am so excited that you are going to give it a whirl. Thank you so much for the link and post. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit, I will always answer any questions but due to time constraints I'm not always able to reply to your comments, please keep them coming I read and appreciate each and every one. xx