Friday 10 August 2012

Three A Day

Thank you for all the lovely comments I received about the Chevron cardigan and also a big thank you to Mrs Thrifty over at New Beginnings for nominating me for the The One Lovely Blog Award :)
Now I'm going to reveal that long term project I have been working on and yes of course it is a blanket, I started this way back in February but I fell out of love with it and it was pushed into a bag and stuffed under my bed. Well I rescued it a few weeks ago and now I am working on it  every day and I have fallen in love with it again.
I find I have to take a strict regimental approach to blanket making otherwise it will never get done.  I am using this motif which is very popular but I first found it on Angie's blog here I love these little wheels of colour.








I have let my self go a bit crazy with colour, using all the colours I have in my stash, I want it to be bright and cheerful and I find that as long as you have one joining colour pretty much anything goes.  I'm not going to reveal the joining colour until it is all done and according to my calculations that will be sometime in November maybe just in time for my 60th birthday.  
As you can see these motifs have three rounds


What I do is choose 3 colours and do three motifs a day with just these three colours so I have three colour combo's like this.





As you can see I love playing with these cute little wheels, I make colour stacks like this, then I can see what colour I need more of, that way I'm hoping to get an even match of colours throughout the blanket.

I have calculated I need 360 of these little colour wheels altogether, I then began to worry that I wouldn't have enough of the joining colour so I did some more calculations and realised I wouldn't have, luckily I found some of the same colour on line and was able to stock up, if I had left it till November I might not have found it.
I love making blankets by working slowly just a little bit a day you know that eventually you will have something beautiful at the end, and because you do just a little a day it still leaves you time to get on with other projects.

Hope you all have a lovely weekend :)



34 comments:

  1. I can tell that those little circles are going to make a pretty blanket - I love all the different colors. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG...they are all so pretty! I'm jealous! Now why can't I do that...mine are still looking so plain.I am going to do a little shopping today and the main thing I go to in the store is the" Yarn "section. Can't wait to see this beautiful blanket in the end!!Shari ")

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Shari but yours are lovely too! :)

      Delete
  3. Lots of lovely colours there, Linda. What's your joining colour going to be?

    Ruby x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ruby, joining colour not to be revealed till the end haha

      Delete
  4. Beautiful colors; looking forward to seeing it complete. I'm working on a similar pattern myself. The finish line is in sight. :-) Have a wonderful day. Heather

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Heather can't wait to see yours too :)

      Delete
  5. I wish I was as brave with colours as what you are - it is going to be stunning when it is completed. Hope you have a lovely weekend! Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are lovely, Linda :) Can't wait to see the finished blanket.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The more colours the merrier! If you look and it and it makes you smile, then it's a good thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes you are quite right, Stephanie, lots of colour makes me happy :)

      Delete
  8. Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous!!! I want the joining color to be white so bad that I can hardly stand it!!!

    I'm November too - I just had a feeling. :-) Now I have two things to look forward to in November.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Astri, so sorry but I will reveal it won't be white, you will either love or hate the colour I have chosen. :)

      Delete
  9. These look wonderful. To me, that top picture is pure beauty. I love your 3 colour, 3 motif idea. I'm definitely going to steal that haha. Love and hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Emma, steal away, I'm glad you like my idea :)

      Delete
  10. I love the stacks you have done with your mini circles. Are they going to become hexagons? Waiting to see the end result!

    Inspired by your 3 a day idea..very good for project hoppers like me..ha ha
    Love..
    Rajeswari.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rajeswari, no they will be squares but you have given me an idea, maybe hexagons for the next blanket :)

      Delete
  11. so pretty! such a great idea! And so colorful! I LOVE everything colorful :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your blanket is going to be amazing! I can´t wait to see it finished. Love all those colors. I admire you for holding up on the last row. I usually can´t wait to see how it will look, and start joining from the beginning. We are all curious on your choice of color for the last row. Keep the good work!!!
    Greetings,
    Ana BC

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your squares look so lovely all together! I loved playing around with my circles too! You are right, you can mix all colours you want as long as you are using one colour for the last round, it will look wonderful. I´m looking forward to see your progress!
    xxxBarbina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OOh how colourful Linda...love all your circles...looking forward to the revelation of the joining colour on the findal blanket...keep up the wheely cool work!
      Ali x

      Delete
  14. That is so pretty and cheerful :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful Linda....that's going to be a WOW blanket for sure!!!


    Noooo I will not be tempted.......nooo I will not be smitten....control yourself Amanda.......(hand shaking).... remind yourself woman you have a long list of wips (whispering to self).


    Amanda :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Linda, your blanket is going to look so bright and happy. I'm looking forward to the big reveal. I've just been looking at some hexagons that are bright and cheery and I'm thinking "will I or won't I"...But I am just starting a fusion blanket so maybe after that is done.... sue~nz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sue,Go for it I love hexagons :)

      Delete
  17. I love all these colors!! I am featuring you this week at my I {heart} Fridays party :) Feel free to stop by and grab a button.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for featuring me Kara, I will certainly be grabbing a button :)

      Delete
  18. Love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  19. How pretty! I love the little circle stacks and am looking forward to seeing what colour you use for the edging.
    I just joined your blog as a new follower :)

    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and thanks for becoming a follower Margaret I hope you will visit often,I have been looking at your blogs your cross stitch is beautiful :)

      Delete

Thank you for your visit, I will always answer any questions but due to time constraints I'm not always able to reply to your comments, please keep them coming I read and appreciate each and every one. xx