Tuesday 29 May 2012

Granny Square Sampler Afghan

I don't know about you guys but unless I have a few things on the go at once I'm not happy and I mean that, I get grouchy and out of sorts.  I have been making a blanket and a shawl for ages but now I just can't pick them up, I have fallen out of love with them, and then I have been through a phase of starting something new but haven't liked it or it hasn't turned out right and I have had to pull the whole thing back and try again, I did this a few time's with a little crochet sleeveless top, it looked so simple to do but I couldn't get the neck shaping right, I gave up in the end and it's now in a bag pushed under the bed.
So you can imagine how fed up I was feeling  until Casey at  plus3crochet blogged about this CAL over at Wise Craft.


  It's just up my street, lovely granny squares and someone to guide me week by week so I don't have to think too much and I know I will do it because there is no pressure to do too much and it's always fun to see the other participants progress too, very motivational so a big thank you to Casey for drawing my attention to this. I can even look at that other blanket and shawl again, I know I will be able to do a bit of each and I have found a lovely crib pattern too so that's a lovely portable project to take with me when I'm on the go.  
This is what I've done so far for the CAL, It's just week 2 so plenty of time to join in if you want to have a go.

Here are the colours I have chosen just 12 random balls out of my stash.


There they all are snuggling in my work bag.


These are for the first week, just three granny's one with seven rounds and two with 5 rounds and for week two, ten to fourteen small granny's with three rounds.

This is what I've done so far.
I can't wait for Friday to see what's next.

Now perhaps you would like a stroll through my end of May garden.


Lots of blossom on the blueberry tree I hope that means lots of yummy blueberries, I had a very poor crop last year.


 Lovely Clematis



 Foxgloves nearly ready to bloom  

 I have three cherry tree's but I never have many cherries the birds always get there first!


The jungle at the bottom of my garden :)

9 comments:

  1. Love the stash colors you've selected for the CAL! How fun! I hear you about not liking something and ripping it! Also feel your pain about falling out of love with a project. Funny how it works. Pinterest gets me all worked up on new endeavors and I lose my focus on others that I've started! Bad Pinterest! LOL Your garden looks happy and bountiful!!! Lovely photos. I love the growing season!!!! Hugs, Annette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Annette, and I know what you mean about Pinterest it's so distracting and don't get me started on Ravelry lol

      Delete
  2. Lovely garden. That granny CAL looks interesting - I'll have to check it out. Thanks for the heads up. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Debi, I hope you join in :)

      Delete
  3. I know what you mean! I think we might be on the same page.. I am always pulling things apart cause I don't like the way it's coming out! And I have so many little things under the bed and in the closet that I have just given up on!! So don't feel like you are left alone cause I know it happens to most of us! I have been looking for some lime green yarn for awhile now and what do I see??? In your pile of yarn is exactly the color I need..LOL! Oh well I found another color close to it and I am moving on!!!
    Thanks for sharing your pictures. Very nice!
    Shari :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shari, ha ha we must all be the same I think, that's reassuring. That lime green is Robin yarn, I'm sure you can buy it online if you need it in the future :)

      Delete
  4. I'm so glad you joined in! I like your squares so far! I was feeling a bit grouchy with my crochet too, there's a few projects I ripped out and a couple I hid in my closet so I wouldn't look at them! The simple granny squares are making me happy :)

    I love all your flowers too! I have such horrid allergies in the summertime, meds don't help much, so I don't ever bother with flowers at my place. But, my daughter has been bugging me since last year about it, so I'm going to suck it up and plant a few for her to take care of

    ReplyDelete
  5. A fun CAL indeed Linda! Lots of variety and a slow pace in a project is right up my alley.

    Lovely garden!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit, I will always answer any questions but due to time constraints I'm not always able to reply to your comments, please keep them coming I read and appreciate each and every one. xx