Saturday 25 February 2012

Motifs #140 and # 27

Motif #140
This motif can be quite awkward to make as there are so many increases but it is worth it because it's lovely when it's finished.  The picture doesn't do it justice, this little flower can be made as big or as small as you like and can be used for all kinds of things.  I have made mine on the small side because I wanted to use it as part of a little centre piece.

 Progress 9 of 100



Motif #27


This one is so cute and easy to make but it had me fooled, I thought I could join these together by the picots, so I made a few and tried to join them but there are 8 picots so it doesn't work out unless you want big spaces.  If you want to join these little cuties and you have got to admit they are cute, you need to combine them with another motif, as shown on page 197 of the book (bottom right) now why didn't I look there first lol, I may do this for a future project its a definite maybe.  In the meantime I have combined these two motifs together to  make a little centrepiece. 



Progress 10 of 100










6 comments:

  1. They're both very nice motifs. Great idea to put them together - they make a pretty little centerpiece. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea to combine those motifs! I've also made #140 last week-end, it's a little bit strange compared to the others, isn't it? I like the way it has turned out, though - but I have no idea what to do with it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like them all Linda.. they're really pretty and the colours are fab!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you ladies for your lovely comments. Yes Barbara no #140 is very different from the others but interesting to make, it would be lovely to embellish something like a hat or sweater.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The look so good together. I may have to order the book just so I can make some of those and put them together like that. I think it would also make a cut baby blanket.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute!!! I love how you joined them together. I was going to skip the little button, but I might try it after seeing yours...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit, I will always answer any questions but due to time constraints I'm not always able to reply to your comments, please keep them coming I read and appreciate each and every one. xx