Friday 12 August 2011

Shell Stitch Preemie Blanket



This little blanket started out as a jacket believe it or not, but when I realised how wide the sleeves were going to be instead of shaping I just continued on and made it into a blanket.  The pictures don't really do this little blanket justice, the pattern is so simple to do, it's made in 4ply yarn and it's sooo soft just right for a little teeny baby.

Unfortunately the pattern for this blanket is no longer available but this one here is very similar.






5 comments:

  1. This is the same stitch that I made dishcloths with and then decided last summer to make a baby blanket using the same stitch with variegated yarn. It turned out great and was given as a gift to one of my best friends who had a baby in September. I like how it works up so quickly. Next I will try it in a solid color. Have a great day. Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi!
    Love this gorgeous little blanket - I believe it is crochet - if it is, I wanted to attempt it but cannot find the pattern. It states "pattern is from here" which is supposed to link you to the pattern - but when you click on "here" page says "404 error". Can you pls tell me where I could find the pattern - so lovely! Many thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi I'm sorry it's so long since I made this I can't remember which pattern it was. The link you mention is working for me and it's sending you to the Little Treasure baby blanket which you can find by clicking on the My Free patterns tab at the top of my blog. It's not the same pattern but just as pretty I think.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit, I will always answer any questions but due to time constraints I'm not always able to reply to your comments, please keep them coming I read and appreciate each and every one. xx